I’ve gotten almost all the needed parts for the quad, had to get some tools, small fasteners and lighting fixtures that were in the perfect shape for cross braces for the spars. I picked up some Bass wood from a hobby store to act as the spars (couldn’t find the right type of aluminum channels, plus I didn’t want to have to drill/cut aluminum, and also Balsa seemed not strong enough considering the stresses this thing might see).
Attached the ESC’s and weighed the entire set up with Arduino, IMU and Battery (not hooked up, but on the scale). As a whole, the entire set up weighs just under 700 g (which is just slightly over 1.5 lbs)Next step is to hook up the IMU to the Arduino and to get the balancing code working. I’ve ordered the bluetooth dongle and its on it’s way. The plan is to get it working with an Android phone used as the controler. I’m sacrificing range for ease at this point, this is a “first draft” to iron out the issues.